Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, November 16, 2012

Macaroni with Cheese Sauce Part 2

I was really in the mood of pasta today. I wanted either baked ziti or macaroni with cheese sauce. I ended up going with macaroni and cheese sauce for various reasons.

Macaroni and Cheese Sauce is quite easy to make, but there are no measurements.


Ingredients Prepped: Milk (works with any fat content),
American Cheese, Penne-can use other pasta shapes as well

Cook up the macaroni to your desired doneness.
In a small saucepan, pour  a bit of milk and add American cheese. Stir until you have a thick sauce. The thickness of the sauce depends on your preference, I like it a bit thick, but not too thick, if it gets too thick, add milk. Test it by dipping one noodle in the sauce and tasting.

cheese sauce

trying to give you an idea of the thickness of the sauce
I like it as is, but you can add nutmeg or even a little black pepper to the sauce.

Spoon sauce over pasta. There's more control this way, in the pictures mine has too much sauce for me at least, and that's because I dumped the pasta back into the pot with the cheese sauce. Obviously if you have a better eye for these things, or are making a lot more pasta than I did, it will work to put it back in the pot. My recommendation is to spoon it over. Also this time, I used the same pot for the pasta and the cheese sauce, but I sometimes use a saucier or a small saucepan-it depends on how much I'm making.

Remember, I told you I dumped the pasta back into the pot,
and didn't spoon it over, too much sauce for me (you can see it along the rim of the plate)
Ready to eat now.


Easy Alternate Version: Here is where you get to see my kiddie taste buds, I sometimes put some ketchup on top of the pasta with cheese sauce and mix it together.

added ketchup, it's orangish along the rim near the bottom,
because I tried it first over there,
to decide if I wanted to put ketchup on

Mixed in the ketchup
Delicious

See Creamy Mac N Cheese Part 1 for a comparison between these 2 versions, or try them both for yourself and let me know how you like it in the comments section below.

All-Clad Stainless 2-Quart Saucier Pan



See: Mac N Cheese Part 1












1 comment:

  1. Love the tie-dye background of your site! And macaroni and cheese - you cannot go wrong. one of my favorite comfort foods! I like the addition of ketchup! I put ketchup on everything! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...