Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 5, 2012

Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie and/or Cookie in a Mug

Hurricane / Tropical Storm/ Frankenstorm Sandy gave me the opportunity to try somethings, here's one and some more coming soon.

Are you in the mood of just one cookie? Hate spooning out each individual cookie-yeah that's the part I hate about cookie baking too.

This recipe lets you have 1 cookie in just a few minutes. This recipe doesn't beat my regular chocolate chip cookies, but it works for when you just want one cookie or something sweet quick. Out of the 5 people surveyed, including me, the following were the responses to this cookie (in no particular order):

Person 1- Pretty good, not awesome.
Person 2- Good
Person 3-Ok
Person 4- Yummy, I'll have some more and finish it if you'll let me
Person 5- Yummy, I'll have some more and lick the mug clean

So 3/5 people LIKED IT
1/5 thought it was OK
2/5-YUMMY

Out of 5 people surveyed, no one thought it was bad. I had found the recipe over here. When I go to the original recipe, there are slight changes, for example it's a little less than 1/4 C flour and just mix everything in the cup. Although the second recipe may not have mixed everything in the dish because she used ramekins. Doing it the second way worked for me and people liked it, but it's possibly even better the 1st and original way, if and when I get around to trying it, I'll post it. Now someone just has to find me a similarly quick recipe to use that egg white and please don't say scrambled egg whites, macarons, or meringues unless they are like as quick as this recipe.

So here's the recipe:

from the original source.


Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup 
created by Melissa at No. 2 Pencil 


1 Tablespoon Butter

1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white)
Scant 1/4 of All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine. Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine. Add flour, then stir again. Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds. Mine takes 50 seconds. 


Serve warm.










*UPDATE-I've since made this a few more times and given it to an additional taster. I've a learned a few things, the butter/margarine can explode when melting in the microwave, so do it for a few seconds at a time, and open the microwave door, I'm assuming it becomes like a pressure cooker. A quick google search shows that I'm not the only one having this problem, and maybe I should have warmed my butter/margarine first or let it at least come to room temperature. So one time, my margarine exploded all over, and I tried to make the recipe anyways, with that attempt I also just mixed all the ingredients together, not in the order it said, 'twas a failure. Then I made it again-had a slight explosion in the microwave-I think I opened the door just in time, didn't lose too much of the margarine, mixed things the way the recipe said, but (here it comes) forgot the brown sugar, I did take it out after 10 seconds in the microwave when I realized. But the cookie was already starting to bake, and therefore I couldn't add the brown sugar. It only took 40 seconds in my microwave, same time as the first ttime I made it. Results: Yummy (so don't worry if you forget that bit of brown sugar.)

I tasted a spoonful, and wanted more, but taster was intended recipient and wasn't sharing anymore. Taster was on the Yummy category.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...