Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Faux Stained Glass

This is project is a lot of fun and is suitable for those as young as 7 and as old as 120.


You'll need more colors than this, see the square behind the sharpies that's the hard plastic.


Zoomed in, so you can see the hard plastic-it's see through and not frosted.






Hard plastic sheet
Sharpie Markers-colorful
Template-You can draw your own or choose one from here
Silver foil, aluminum foil or metallic paper




1. Take your template and a black sharpie and trace your template onto the plastic sheet. Leave a border on the plastic sheet.
My sketching for the template
I've outlined it in pen, to make the picture clearer, but you can use a pencil
I added some more detailing, to make it more like stained glass.


2. Color your picture in with the other sharpies
Notice the outlines in black sharpie and I've also started coloring it in.




3. Place the foil or metallic paper behind the plastic sheet
I've tried, but the pictures just don't do this justice.
I can't take good pictures, but it's really got that stained glass look in real life.


4. Punch a hole in the middle and tie a ribbon through it  and hang up your beautiful piece of art.


You don't need to leave a silver foil border, but you can.




*  I haven't tried it, but you might also be able to use the plastic from those clear takeout containers.
** If you don't put on the foil in the back, it will look more like a sun catcher.




*** You can do this in different shapes and even add it to a keychain.
****You can even use this as a bookmark.
*****You can include a poem or quote in in the middle-just glue the quote or poem onto the silver foil and have your design go around it, or personalize it.






Have Fun!


Here's a similar idea from Instructables: Plastic Bottle Stained Glass


Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions, if you feel I have not been clear.


Linking Up At:

Not Just a Housewife
Hope Studios
Today's Creative Blog
Tea Rose Home



Come Together Kids


3 comments:

  1. What a fun project! Thanks so much for linking up to my Summer Fun party!

    Laura @ Come Together Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a good project

    ReplyDelete
  3. creative neat surprisingly awesome

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...