Beach cupcakes are fun to make and to eat. This is one version, but there are many candies you can use to make your own version.
You will need:
Vanilla wafers, or Graham Crackers
blue frosting-use your favorite recipe or buy it and dye it
cupcakes-use your favorite recipe
little stripey ball candys or gumballs (or other spherical candy)
sour belts or fruit by the foot
1. Bake cupcakes.
2. Your vanilla wafers,graham crackers or whatever cookies you used get crushed into crumbs. One method of achieving this is to put your chosen form of cookies into a ziploc bag, close it, then put it in another bag and close this one. Finally use a rolling pin to crush them into fine crumbs. Set aside.
3. Frost 1/2 the cupcakes yellow or white and the other half blue.
4. Cut the fruit roll up/sour belts into little rectangles, this will be your beach towel.
5. Place onto the yellow/white frosting
6. Place your spherical candy on the frosting near the water
7. Sprinkle the crumbs onto the yellow/white frosting around the objects
8. Insert Paper umbrella
Optional: cut off the head of gummy fish on a slant and stick them in the water.
|The red sour belt is the beach towel and the yellow gumball is the beach ball|