Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Hasselback Potatoes



Hasselback Potato

These potatoes are are awesome and look so pretty. The options are endless. Choose your herbs and mix on, go with whatever toppings strike your fancy. I will admit that I had a bit of a hard time, cutting the slits in the potato and making sure it didn't come apart. I've seen some tips that included holding a wooden spoon next to the potato, not under it when cutting, but the rest wasn't clear, so if anyone has any tips on how to cut it and keep it looking nice. Please share. Another tip, I saw included rinsing the potato under cold water to help it fan out. This possibly was helpful. Not sure though.

Thinly slice scrubbed potatoes making sure not to cut all the way through. I kept mine simple and brushed olive oil onto all the exposed potato and then sprinkled on salt. Bake at 350 for 1 hr.

Scrubbed Potato

Bit hard to see, but there's narrow slits in the potato,
 left side looks thick, but has multiple thin slits

After rinsing under cold water and putting on Olive oil and salt


All Baked Crispy and Toothsome

I added some cheese when it came out and the heat of the potato melted it. Yep, that's how you do it, when you don't want overdone cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...