Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mozzarella Sandwich with Basil Pesto and Tomato




Remember this post about our vegetable garden. Well we've been using those vegetables all summer, and this sandwich is absolutely delicious and uses stuff from the garden. Basil Pesto with basil from the garden and the tomatoes (cherry and grape were also from the garden. 


1. Get your favorite bread ready
( I used a challah roll because it's what we had in the house)


Basil Pesto on whole wheat challah roll

2. Slice your tomato(es) and put on top of the pesto




these were the ripest, so these were the ones I used,
don't they look lovely
3. Slice up your fresh mozzarella cheese using a sharp knife or cheese slicer, put on as many slices as you'd like.




yeah, I like a lot and I'm a on both sides person

Delicious!

this pic is for folks who are not sure what fresh mozzarella is or looks like,
it comes in a ball, you want to get this type not the hard type, the tastes are very different.

Mozzarella cheese like this is also good for one of my favorite dishes-Pasta Caprese, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...