Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

End of Summer Vacation





Summer vacation is coming to an end. Although I was taking summer classes, I still managed to squeeze in some fun stuff. Here are some pictures. One of our first stops was Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, I thought it might be a little boring, but I wanted to go there because I figured I would get some nice pictures for my photography class. (The following are not pictures that I used  for my photography class as those are in black and white. These were taken with my digital camera.) I actually enjoyed the gardens and everyone had a great time from chasing the chipmunk (chipmunks in Brooklyn?) to running along the path in order to keep up with the mother duck and her ducklings. The kids made up fun things to do. Stomp on the names on the celebrity walk, and run and get wet in the sprinklers (for the grass). There were so many fun things to do, and so many fun poses (not featured here) to try. We got some really great snapshots. 

Japanese Hill and Pond Garden

Japanese Hill and Pond Garden

Japanese Hill and Pond Garden

Japanese Hill and Pond Garden

Duck in Japanese Hill and Pond Garden-later we saw the ducklings following behind

I like winding paths

plant

Desert Roses-I'm not sure that's what they were called, but this was one of my favorites

I loved this one too

Look at those colors


Bursts of yellow

Beautiful

Striking

pomegranates 

pomegranate close up

more pomegranates

This is another one of my favorites, I love the color and the composition

Next stop the Promenade and Brooklyn Bridge Park
Postcard views



this one appeals to me for some reason



just an interesting tree on top of rocks

a close-up

This door on a building, followed instructions
and voila!


Voila! inside of the door, it's part of an art project, supposedly there's more throughout the city and there's something your supposed to do with your cellphone. Interesting!

Bonus Pics:

Water spilled on the counter, and guess what it looks like? (No manipulation involved)

The United States of America

The United States of America

Supplies for various tutorials and products featured on this blog can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...