Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 25, 2012

Puppet/Marionette Cookies



Packaged Marionette Cookies
Have you ever wondered how to make marionette cookies, there's no cookie cutter. I searched for one. I thought of cutting out pieces and connecting it. That would be too much work.
But I figured it out. It's still a lot of work, so don't plan on making too many. The easy way would be too just make one hole in the head and the middle of the x and leave the rest alone.

You need:
cookie dough
gingerbread or boy/girl cookie cutter
candies for decorating

drinking straw 

kitchen twine
Cardboard X template



1. Roll out your dough, you want to make your cookies on the thicker side to prevent breakage.
2. Cut out your people cookies
3. Take your straw and make holes in the head, arms, and feet. Make them a little on the large side, because the cookies may puff up an shrink the hole.
4. Use your x template and cut out cookies by tracing around the template with a knife
5. Use your straw to make a hole in the middle of the x and on each corner. Again make them a little on the large side.
Decorate your cookie by attaching any candy, I used candy chips and pull and peel licorice, although the smiles didn't stay smiles
6. Bake

template



Assembly
1. Cut a piece of twine and thread it through the middle of the x is hole to the hole in the cookie's head. Tie a knot larger then the holes to secure it in place.
2. Thread the 2 back corners to the cookies feet. Tie a knot larger then the holes to secure it in place.
3. Thread the two front corners to the cookie's hands. Tie a knot larger then the holes to secure it in place.


assembled template


thread the middle of the x to the head and knot
you can just do this part if you want simple marionette cookies
they're quite fun


if the strings aren't quite the right size it will cause your marionette to go lopsided

in this one all I needed to do, was pull up the head string and knot to make it shorter

here are the knots on top of my x cookie

cookie in progress, this one has the hands done first,
it doesn't really matter which you attach first
whatever's easiest for you

Notice the x's are resting on top of the puppet theater


Linking up at
I Heart Nap Time


http://www.thegirlcreative.com/

http://www.heatherlyloves.com/

4 comments:

  1. So cute and creative! (and yummy too!)


    I'm stopping by from I Heart Naptime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun idea! I have made lots of cookies, but I've never thought to make a marionette cookie. My kids love putting on puppet shows, they would love this.

    I followed you over from the Sundae Scoop linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Laura. I am now following you. I hope your kids enjoy the cookies.

      Delete

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...