|Packaged Marionette Cookies|
But I figured it out. It's still a lot of work, so don't plan on making too many. The easy way would be too just make one hole in the head and the middle of the x and leave the rest alone.
gingerbread or boy/girl cookie cutter
candies for decorating
Cardboard X template
1. Roll out your dough, you want to make your cookies on the thicker side to prevent breakage.
2. Cut out your people cookies
3. Take your straw and make holes in the head, arms, and feet. Make them a little on the large side, because the cookies may puff up an shrink the hole.
4. Use your x template and cut out cookies by tracing around the template with a knife
5. Use your straw to make a hole in the middle of the x and on each corner. Again make them a little on the large side.
Decorate your cookie by attaching any candy, I used candy chips and pull and peel licorice, although the smiles didn't stay smiles
1. Cut a piece of twine and thread it through the middle of the x is hole to the hole in the cookie's head. Tie a knot larger then the holes to secure it in place.
2. Thread the 2 back corners to the cookies feet. Tie a knot larger then the holes to secure it in place.
3. Thread the two front corners to the cookie's hands. Tie a knot larger then the holes to secure it in place.
|Notice the x's are resting on top of the puppet theater|
Linking up at