Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Best Peanut Butter Cookies Ever...Really?!

Today I decided to try out the 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies that have been touted as being the best peanut butter cookies ever on many blogs and recipe sites. The recipe is also quite simple and easy to memorize. Sounds good, thousands of people claiming they are the best peanut butter cookies, has many 5 star reviews, easy recipe, and quick to make.

Here's the recipe (the key is 1):
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Peanut Butter
1 Egg

Mix everything together, roll into balls, make criss-cross indentations with a fork and bake in a preheated 350ยบ oven for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on wire rack for 5-7 minutes.

Yep, just wrote that whole thing by heart, I've got this useless recipe memorized.

So I'm reading that ingredient list and saying no way can that make good cookies, but thousands of people love them. I figured I'll try them.

Making the batter was easy. I like tasting my batter to make sure it's mixed well and to give me a preview of what's to come. This tasted grainy, even thoroughly mixed.

Rolling into balls was easy. Making criss-cross indentations a little tricker. For the 1st batch I pressed on the balls with the fork-it didn't matter if it was plastic or metal. The cookies would then crack around the edges. I would either leave it like that or pinch back together. The second batch I tried flattening them out with my hand before creating indentations-bad idea. I did find that less and slower pressure with the fork made prettier cookies.

Oven Time

1st batch-10 minutes

-they looked cooked, once cooled I tasted them, there was a weird texture and lousy taste, very crispy. -There was also a bit of a bad smell which I assume was from burnt sugar.

2nd batch 8 minutes

I thought that maybe I had overcooked my first batch so decided to leave these in for 8 minutes. The ones that I had flattened by hand, seemed to be a bit burnt, probably also the sugar. These tasted just as bad as the first batch.

Yield: It was interesting to me that people seemed to get so few cookies out of this recipe. One reviewer said she got 6-8 cookies. How big were your cookies lady? I got 2 dozen regular size cookies. I tasted 2, that leaves 22 cookies that I'm pretty sure no one wants.

Verdict: I don't actually understand what's good about these. Have people never actually tasted good food in their lives. I seriously don't recommend this recipe. It was a waste of ingredients. That's my verdict, if anyone else in my family has a different take, I'll update this and let you what they think.

UPDATE: Some people in my family actually liked these and thought they were good. In the end the cookies that I thought I was going to have to throw out, all got eaten. So I guess this is just a recipe that some people like and some people hate. You're just going to have to try it for yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...