Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Holiday Sun Catchers




Do you love when the sun shines in your face? I know I do. Although it is become bitterly cold outside and winter has arrived these quick and easy sun catchers work for anytime of the year, just make sure your picture reflects that time of year. This post shows how you can make a beautiful sun catcher for the holidays or any other time of the year. I have done this with little kids, they are easy to make and come out looking gorgeous, especially when you use vibrant colors, and not pale ones, those do not come out as nice. When I had made this sample, they seemed to be great colors, however when I separated the thin pieces of tissue paper, mainly the orange one, it was more of a peach color, than a orange. This is what I had, so I made it work. On my sample, I did not use a second piece of paper, but if you do, it will look like a suncatcher from whatever side you see it from and will have a much neater look to it.


Materials You Will Need:
Clear Contact Paper
Construction Paper-preferably black 2 pcs
Tissue Paper in many different colors
Scissors
Pencil

1. Draw a picture of your choice on the construction paper. In this case, it was a dreidel for the holiday of Hanukah. Repeat on second piece of paper, making sure it matches the first.

2. Cut out the picture leaving a frame of the picture. Repeat on the second picture. For example:

before cutting ------>


after cutting, you should then be left with this -----> Keep this part.

3. Cut a piece of contact paper double the size of your construction paper.

4. Peel back paper from the contact paper placing it non sticky side down on the table.

5. Place cut-out on the contact paper.

6. Place tissue paper inside frame overlapping each other, so that no gaps remain.



7. Take second paper and place on top of the first picture.

8. Fold contact paper covering the entire picture and then trim sides.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Nechama, what a cute idea. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Chris. I am really glad you liked it. A comment such as yours makes me want to post more...I checked out your blog and just reading it makes me so happy for all the joyful things that you post. So, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...