Search This Blog

Amazon Store

Translate

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Crayon Resist

I had been seeing a lot of watercolor resist and the batik resist with the Elmer's glue. I didn't have any of that in the house, so I decided to make my own version of resist. It really came out nicer than I expected, (event though I ripped it a bit, next time I won't make it on scrap paper).

You will need:
Masking Tape


crayons

paper

that's it.

1. Make a design or letter with the masking tape. I chose to make the letter Y as well as forming a border. Learn from my mistake and make sure that no tape is overlapping.
Do not overlap the tape as shown in this picture


2. Color it however you would like, I made random designs. Make sure to color all the white areas.
notice no white areas, it's okay if you color on the tape

3. Slowly lift off the tape to reveal your masterpiece.

Beautiful
I like the crisp edges made by the masking tape border. Those black lines are words on the other side of the paper. I told you I used scrap. Those rips come from overlapping the tape, pulling too fast and from using a really sticky masking tape. Hopefully your masking tape isn't extremely sticky like mine. That's it. Let your little artists at it. This method can probably also be done with paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate all comments. I read each and every one. So please leave me some positive comments.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...