|Source: Google Images|
So you had leftover rice, and you placed it in the refrigerator. In general rice doesn't keep well. But it also doesn't taste that good cold. The other day, our sides were from the refrigerator. Frozen vegetables and brown rice. I took out the rice, and it was hard. I thought no one's going to eat it. Is it possible to revive it? I was going to put it in the oven, with a wet paper towel on top. Then I decided to do a quick internet search. I was semi-on the right track, many people said you can't reheat rice, but I saw that someone said you can microwave the rice. My rice was hard and I had nothing to lose.
1. I put my rice in a microwaveable container
2. I filled it up about an inch with water. Shook it around, tried to get most of the grains wet.
3. I decided it had too much water, so I spilled some out
4. I placed my wet paper towel over the rice, right on top of the rice (not the container.)
5. I microwaved it on Hi for 4 min.
*Not saying it tasted the same as fresh, but much better than hard rice.
* I did this with brown rice.